Caylee Anthony was a precious little girl that has captured the hearts of America, but just this week, a three-year old little girl was abducted from in front of her home in Missouri and murdered.
Another child in Southern California was taken from her home by her father, and driven to Northern California. Police found both dead in the father’s car within a day and half. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/kidnapped-2-year-old-girl-father-found-dead-inside-suv.html
Little Caylee Anthony was a victim, but there are others everyday in our country and we must put our foot down and say enough. We all must take steps to protect our children.
My heart is saddened when I read that these innocents are the tools between a father and mother in a child custody issue and that a child (or children) loses his/her life. Let’s not allow another sexual predator an opportunity to grab a child and end another precious life. In California, a family was murdered by a father who didn’t want to complete a divorce action, so he killed the children and the mother.
Sexual predators do not change their behavior. The Jaycee Dugard case is teaching us more each day as the video tapes are released how this couple, who abducted her, would lure little girls into their van and video tape these children. These people need to be locked away and the key thrown away.
We must become united at protecting our children and take care of one another like we used to when I was a child. Everyone on my block knew one another, and we helped one another when we needed help.
We must know who is out-of-place in our neighborhood and who belongs so we can spot those cars that might take a child. When we see a father or a mother becoming emotionally unbalanced, we must reach out for help to protect the children.
Our children are our tomorrows. They are the most precious commodity of our lives. We should take every step to protect them and unite to make their lives secure.
- Agency: Casey Anthony failed to protect Caylee (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Rep. Gary Miller’s Grandchildren Abducted To Save Them From Abuse, Says Maternal Grandfather (huffingtonpost.com)
- Prevention Works! No Child Should Be At Risk. Help Prevent Child Abductions and Stop Sexual Predators (prweb.com)
- Another Child, Another Opportunity To Defeat Our Culture of Death… (k2globalcommunicationsllc.wordpress.com)
- ‘A very disturbing trend’: Parents kidnap their children, flee country (cnn.com)
- Amber Alert for 2-year-old abducted in NorCal (abclocal.go.com)