The Los Angeles Times is reporting today that 16 states have introduced Caylee Laws against parents or caretakers who fail to report their children as missing. The law would make it a felony for parents who fail to report their children as missing. Over 700,000 signatures have been collected in an on-line petition since the Casey Anthony verdict.
This is an amazing outpouring of support from the American people to show their outrage over the jury’ verdict allowing Casey Anthony to walk over the charges brought against her. Had there been a Caylee Law making it a felony for not reporting her daughter as missing Casey could have been found guilty. Her partying lifestyle during those 31 days could have bought her jail time.
Caylee Law’s are the positive way of pouring anger into something good to protect children from parents like Casey who showed no regard for her daughter’s well-being.
- States consider ‘Caylee’s Law’ after Casey Anthony verdict (ctv.ca)
- ‘Caylee’s Law’ Weighed By States Following Casey Anthony Trial Verdict (huffingtonpost.com)
- States weigh ’Caylee’s Law’ in verdict aftermath (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Verdict brought few answers in Anthony case (msnbc.msn.com)
- Casey Anthony Case Fuels Push for ‘Caylee’s Law’- Casey Anthony’s Sentence Increased… by 4 Days- YOU DECIDE: Agree With Sentence? (foxnews.com)
- States weigh ’Caylee’s laws’ in verdict aftermath (seattletimes.nwsource.com)